Sunday 2 February 2014

wreck this journal

hello everybody!

finally! a new blog post - here it comes! I don't even have a valid excuse for not blogging, other than me being lazy (shame on me) and maybe a bit of a writers block. Sorry!

So at the beginning of the year i set myself the goal to write down at least one sentence a day in my journal. I don't see it as a new years resolution - it's more like a record for myself that I can look back on in a years time. And so far I've been very good! :)

But I got a little bored with just my "plain and ordinary" journal and one day i stumbled across a video from one of my favourite youtubers grav3yardgirl! It was about the book "Wreck This Journal" and her ways to wreck and destroy this book. She now does a weekly series about it - which you definitely should check out!

I got really curious about this journal so i went to the next bookstore and bought my own copy! And so far I'm not disappointed :)



The book basically encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and maybe do things you haven't done before. The author Keri Smith gives you instructions on how to wreck and destroy the journal - but still see art and also beauty in it.

Each page has an instruction on how to "destroy" or change it. Sometimes you're just asked to doodle circles all over the page. But other pages tell you to bring the journal in the shower with you (very strange - right?). I'm not going to give the other tasks away though - you should see for yourself :)

The goal of the journal is to see creative destruction everywhere and maybe begin to live more recklessly! (love this introduction to the book!)

I love the idea behind it and I'm excited to see how it's going to look like when I'm finished (I saw some amazing things people did with their journal on google!). But I'm also a little afraid to finish some tasks - eek I don't want to "document my dinner" by smearing it over the pages! But I'll try to finish one page each day :)

What do you think about keeping a journal? Have you tried "Wreck This Journal"?

xx
Ann-Kathrin

9 comments:

  1. Loved your post, I used to work in a book store and never got round to buying a copy of this but reading this has made me want to go out and buy one now! :) x

    http://marfmallow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot! working in a book store seems like an amazing job! :)
      you should definitely get it - it's so much fun :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. yeah it was a really lovely job :)

      I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, look here for more info :)

      http://marfmallow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello! I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my post for more info! http://amydollll.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award_5.html?m=1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh this sounds great, definitely going to check it out! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great- so much fun! I'd be a little scared of destroying the book but its a great way to learn to live more recklessly (probably something which i need to do)
    Beth
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just the same! Even just cracking the spine (as I was told!) made me cringe haha
      Go on and try it! :)
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete