Thursday 17 April 2014

MAC Cosmo Lipstick Review

Hello everybody!

As I mentioned in my March Favourites post I've got a product that I rediscovered in my make up stash that I'd love to review for you today! And the product I'm talking about is the MAC Cosmetics lipstick in "Cosmo"!



I got this lovely lipstick from a friend for last years christmas present and somehow I never reviewed it for you! Which is odd since I was soo excited and over the top to receive this! It is in fact my first ever MAC product! And nope you're not the only one shocked - my friend who gifted me with this was shocked as well! haha

First of all I need to say that there is some kind of satisfaction to own one of those sleek black lipsticks with the words MAC on them. Yes now I get it - finally! The packaging is beautiful and classy. No more to add to that!

So now on to the lipstick itself: it's a beautiful pink which looks much darker in the tub and swatched, than when applied to the lips. Once applied, I would describe it as a "my lips but better" pink shade!



please excuse my horrible dry hands!
here a slightly blurry instagram selfie with the lippie - but I swear without a filter :P

It has a amplified creme finish which I love as it's creamy, light and I feel it moisturizes my lips and doesn't leave them dried out! But as I've never owned any other MAC lipsticks I can't say if that's the case with all amplified creme finish lipsticks!

It also has a lovely taste and scent! I don't really like products that smell to "cosmeticy" (is that even a word? No.. well you know what I mean, hopefully!) but that's no problem with this one!

For me it's the perfect daytime lipstick as it's not too bright but still is a beautiful colour on your lips! It has become my go-to lipstick and is now a must-have in my bag (along with some other well-loved lip products!). And I think I'll re-purchase this lippie as soon as my current one is finished!

This lipstick retails for £15 on the MAC Cosmetics homepage!

I'd love to know what you think of this lipstick! What's your favourite MAC lipstick? And please tell me what finish you like most!

I hope you'll have a lovely thursday!


xx Ann-Kathrin

4 comments:

  1. Aw this is so pretty! Looks sheer, though! x

    http://celineavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Yes the photos don't really do it justice - it's so lovely in real life!
      xx Ann-Kathrin

      Delete
  2. Love the shade! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete