Tuesday 1 July 2014

Tips Tuesday #1

Hello lovelies!

Recently I've become a bit of a nail varnish addict and hoarder and while painting my tips the other day I came up with a new idea! I thought I'd start a little series on my blog to share my nail polish stash with you all. This is also a nice way to force myself to dug into my stash and try out polishes that I might have forgotten about. So here we go with the first edition of Tips Tuesday:



I chose essie's "Peach Daiquiri" for this weeks tips! I just can't stop staring at it, when I wear it on my nails! It's a perfect peachy coral colour and therefor a great summer colour! I think this will look lovely with a nice tan. Also the cute name makes me wanna sip cocktails in the sun with my feet in the sand! Speaking of feet - this also looks gorgeous on your toes!

The quality of essie nail polishes is impressive! I never thought I would jump on this bandwagon but about 2 months ago I purchased my first ever essie nail polish and fell in love. The applicator is a great size as it's quite big, but not too huge. I love that the consistency of the varnish is not too runny but also not too sticky! It applies really smooth and easy. And with "Peach Daiquiri" I had a great result after just two coats!

As for the staying power: I work with my hands a lot and wash them quite often, so I'm by no means the best example for chip-resistant nails. I'm yet to find a nail varnish that stays on chip-free for more than 3 days!

I also used this MUA Clear Top Coat as a base coat and top coat to finish my nails off.




And that's it for the first Tips Tuesday (#TT anyone?!). I hope you enjoyed this quick midweek post and are looking forward to the next one? I'll be posting these every week from now on :)

What has been on your nails this week?

Have a great day,

xx Ann-Kathrin


Follow me on Bloglovin / Twitter / Instagram / Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment